Sunday, December 31, 2017

2785. Poem: Resolutions

By Jamie K. Reaser, Sacred Reciprocity: Courting the Beloved in Everyday Life, December 2017
Photo: Jamie K. Reaser

I resolve:
To spend more time
talking with trees;
To speak my Truth
and the Truth of those
who cannot speak
for themselves;
To let Nature set the
rhythm of my days
and nights
and the seasons of
my belonging to
this world;
To laugh with children
and some adults too;
To throw a wayward
starfish back
into the ocean;
To dance to the music
that moves me;
To mend a broken wing,
mine,
or someone else’s;
To shine as light in the darkness
and become an ever-truer
friend to my shadows
and demons;
To pick up my paint brushes again
and write songs that
I will never sing;
To learn the constellations
and share nights with friends
under starry skies;
To wear purple more often
and paint my toenails
red,
and start contemplating
how I can become
one of those cool
old women when
the time arrives;
To make love,
honoring the sacred
and enjoying this embodiment;
To smile in pictures,
and smile when there
is no one around to notice
that I am smiling;
To find myself in awe of Life,
every day;
To hike in the rain more often,
splash in puddles,
and listen to streams;
To see gardening as co-creative process
and value the time shared
with the Mother;
To be fully present as I prepare my
meals and as I nourish my body,
savoring each bite;
To be of service in my Work
and play
and to play;
To meditate on abundance
and express gratitude
at least as often as I
breathe;
To forgive as an act of
duty to my soul,
a means of
expanding my heart,
and the laying of a
stepping stone on the
path to a better world;
To build community
and mirror beauty
back to all beings;
To be courageously vulnerable
and hang out with uncertainty
as if we were childhood
friends.
To simply be enough.
And.
To love you,
because I can.
© 2011-2017/Jamie K. Reaser
Published in "Sacred Reciprocity: Courting the Beloved in Everyday Life" 
Photo: (c) Jamie K. Reaser
Follow Talking Waters on FB or www.talkingwaters-poetry.blogspot.com
Feel free to share

No comments: